Embody Life Teen Yoga is an APPROVED Off Campus P.E. Agency for the Austin Independent School District Yoga for Teens Embody Life’s Teen Yoga Program in partnership with Breath & Body Yoga is an opportunity for 8th through 12th grade students to develop a yoga practice in an environment tailored to the unique needs of teenagers. Through... Read more »
Scheduled for Jan 05 2015
Embody Life Teen Yoga is an APPROVED Off Campus P.E. Agency for the Austin Independent School District
Embody Life’s Teen Yoga Program in partnership with Breath & Body Yoga is an opportunity for 8th through 12th grade students to develop a yoga practice in an environment tailored to the unique needs of teenagers. Through yoga practice students are empowered to move through personal limits while developing the skills to be their most authentic and unique self in the world as they discover the truth of who they are and what they can do in the world with their heart, mind, body and spirit.This yoga program offers an empowering community experience tailored to teens and integrates yoga practice, mindfulness, meditation, adventure, creative expression, and the opportunity to develop leadership skills and increase self-esteem. Students are introduced to the physical practice of yoga principles and philosophies as a way of viewing and experiencing the world.
STUDENTS CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
HOW IT WORKS:
- Students get individualized attention in an empowering environment and community designed specifically for them.
- Students pursue an invigorating yoga curriculum as a group that is experiential, challenging and fulfilling.
- Students get to develop a yoga practice in an environment attuned to their specific needs.
- Students have an opportunity to be a part of the growing Breath and Body Yoga Community even after they complete the off campus physical education program.
Morgan, our off campus p.e. coordinator is very experienced in working with teens both on and off the yoga mat. In addition to being an experienced yoga teacher, Morgan has a Masters degree in Counseling and is currently working on her Ph.D. Morgan has a wide variety of experience with teens and families that started in a summer camp setting designed to assist teens in their own growth, leadership skills, and self-expression. Her experience continued with several non-profits aimed at reaching teens including Communities in Schools, and the Girls Empowerment Network of Austin. Morgan is the founder of Embody Life, a new non-profit that brings yoga and mindfulness programs to public schools, private schools and the greater Austin community.
How to register:
Students can register by contacting Morgan Osmani or online or at Breath and Body Yoga.
Additionally students must submit required AISD off campus physical education forms by January 5th.
Off Campus Physical Education Forms can be found here.
Pricing (Option to pay monthly or in full_
- Monthly Fee: $185
- Full Registration Fee (covers all 5 months of program): $925.00
- Monthly Unlimited Yoga Membership at Breath and Body Yoga.
- One Foundations of Yoga Workshop (date TBD)
- Consistent contact and follow up support as needed with Program Director Morgan Osmani regarding program requirements
- One family yoga class event (date TBD)
- Field Trip on April 18th, 2015
- Administrative coordination of off campus physical education credit with Austin Independent School District
- All needed supplies (with the exception of a yoga mat and yoga clothing)
Direct all inquires to Morgan Osmani via email or phone.
Scheduled for Jan 09 2015
Are you ready to commit to your practice? The practice of yoga is one of the most powerful ways to sustain growth in both your physical practice and your life. Can you commit to creating that space once a day, everyday, for 14 days? The choice is yours.
Join the Breath and Body family in the 14-day challenge to rediscover your dedication and commitment to yoga. Through out the journey, you will not only cultivate a new commitment to yoga, but also experience breakthroughs in both your practice and your health. In 14 days you will deepen your practice, increase your vitality, lose weight, relieve back to school stress, increase clarity of mind, and discover a deeper connection with your true being! Everyone who completes the challenge will receive a FREE Breath and Body tank, and will be entered into a raffle to win a 4 pack of privates with Desirae and/or Kate!
No additional cost to sign up
You are Ready Now.
Commit to your practice, sign up now: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=9669&sclassid=501&sDate=9/21/2014&sLoc=1&sTG=23&sType=1